Career-based experiences can add considerable value to your Polk State education and a “wow factor” to your resume. Volunteering, job shadowing, and internships are some of the most well-known ways to gain career-based experiences.
On this site you’ll find information to help you determine if an Internship is right for you and how to pursue it.
Start by getting a good idea of what internships include. See “What is an internship?” below and use the Internship Handbook for information to find the career-based experience that’s right for you.
Enroll on Polk State’s College Central site to access additional career resources, and use the links below to guide you through this process.
If you’re a Veteran, we have career and internship assistance tailored to meet your needs. Click here for a list of services and resources developed to help you to successfully launch your civilian career!
Information for Business Partners/Placement Sites
- Placement Vetting Form to request an Intern
- Internship Handbook (complete handbook with information for students and business partners)
- Internship Supervisor Handbook (handbook of information for supervisors)
Information for Students
- What is an Internship?
- Getting Started
- Resume Writing
- Preparing for the Interview
- What Employers Want
- Pursuing an Internship Outside the Polk County Area
- Tips for a Successful Internship
Internship Assistance for Students with Disabilities
If you need more information or would like to discuss how a Polk State internship may fit into your education and career plan, please contact
Lynn Chisholm, internship coordinator at email@example.com.